Followers

Friday 27 May 2011

Collectormania Milton Keynes: First Evening – Tea and Tweets...

I have to confess until recently I hadn’t given CM:MK a great deal of thought, the Friday had been cancelled, the new venue wasn’t ready and I just wasn’t ‘feeling’ the whole event. Then Showmasters played a blinder, there were a number of quality guest announcements and suddenly the excitement was back, this was going to be a good one!

The Bar!!
After having had a very late night (I’d been in London seeing David Tennant again...) Friday morning was difficult, initially I’d toyed with the idea of going to Expo on the Friday but gave that up as a bad plan, so having finally woken up and packed it was time to grab Jemma and head to MK.

The one thing I do really like about MK is that it is easy to get to and the onsite accommodation is faultless, say what you like about Paris, but the Hiltons know how to run a hotel!

As is now becoming a tradition, no sooner were all the bags dropped into room it was time to hit the bar (for a cup of tea...)



As always it was a classic night with many jokes and one liners, one of my best being “I wasn’t born, I was chiselled...” which was met with many groans and shaking heads...

One thing that both Tim and I also remembered to do was Tweet as well and as a result of the C17 hashtag we even got replies (it’s only taken 2 years but I think I’m finally getting Twitter!!)

So with much amusement the first night drew to a close at a fairly sensible hour in preparation for the madness that was to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment