Followers

Monday 30 May 2011

Collectormania Milton Keynes: Monday - It's oh so quiet...


So here we are, Bank Holiday Monday, the final day of C17, didn’t really want to get out of bed (again, was a theme for this event!)

Me with Stuart Milligan

Having got ready I was presented with a view of bad weather and a venue that seemed really empty, oh well. Onwards!


My plan for the day? Well to be honest I didn’t actually have one (apart from checking out of the hotel of course)... Having got fed up with the weather I decided to do something I hadn’t done in a long time, attend an event as me!

Yesterday I’d had my photo with Tony Head (yes Giles from Buffy!!) however I’d not been to get his autograph yet so that was first on my list of things to do. Jemma had tagged along with me and was dressed as Supergirl which did get a smile and the comment of “you must be cold!” to which Jemma sheepishly answered “yes” while wrapping herself up in her cloak. After seeing Tony, Jemma then decided it was time to change back into something a little warmer!


Me and Nicole De Boer
Apart from Tony Head I hadn’t really got any other plans for the Monday. I then remembered that Stuart Milligan (Nixon – Series 6) was there as well, an opportunity that I couldn’t miss. Again a really nice guy, he wasn’t too thrilled with the weather (damned rain) but seemed happy enough to be there and was chatty as well I also got a photo at the table which was good as well.

My final guest encounter for the weekend was Nicole De Boer (Ezri Dax, Star Trek), again I hadn’t planned to meet her but it was just a nice way of finishing the weekend off. She was lovely and really nice, she was also freezing cold (have I moaned about the weather enough yet??) so in an effort to warm her up I got to give her a big hug.

So with that, it was getting towards 3pm so we decided to call it a day and embark on the drive home, the end to a great event.

My only moan, the weather and the open air venue, fingers crossed the event centre will be ready next year... 

No comments:

Post a Comment